HER PORTRAIT





Worn with age hanging on my wall
Faded by years
In her, I find solace
Through the multitude of those haunting years

Painted brown, blue, pink and yellow
A multicoloured pigment from the past
Alas, upon her shoulders
Once hung my hopes for life

A reminder, this is at it was in time past
In cold and dreary nights
In the storm of life
Of the life I could have lived
And of the things together
We could have achieved

Death cut our long stories short
Claiming a life, your life
Plus the life of our yet-to-born children
Throwing me in disarray and in pain
Beclouded without a pint of gain

Like a hiding place from the wind
A place of concealment from the rainstorm
Her portrait has become
A permanent reminder through fading with reality
Of how and what my life could have become
Before she was enshrouded

In the blossom of death

Comments