UP ALL NIGHT- REMINISCING





Greatness, like a slow killing terminal illness, begins in the mind
In that soft darkness and belated spot
Ideas are given birth too
To live beyond the life span of the begetter

In the depth of darkness
A little light can be found
A voice in whisper demanding to be heard
An idea, worthy of being written

The strange but understandable blackness of the night
Shields and comfort many troubled minds
In that strange but familiar blackness, I found a new and desirable happiness
There, I the night, the plaguing thoughts and ideas
In my mind are given birth too on this page

Awake the soul call all night
For the mind to partake in daily perusals of words on written pages
For comfort sake, to build on learned
And write this piece on a daily basis

All night long, come awake, come to life
My soul calls, to my weakness but ready mind
In the midst of this confusion
Seeking a way out, thinking about you
The love I almost had, the love that could have
But never stayed, a straying being attached
To seeking penultimate worldly bliss




Comments